Friday, September 7, 2007

Deluded innocence

a delusion so flowery in youth
enamored by a social implanted consciousness of "innocence "
i fancied myself a waif, a wreath without thorns
if you would please
and when that innocence was taken from whence it came,
i reacted as i was fashioned to,
with cries and imaginings of lost glory and such
self imposed trauma (that i was supposed to feel).
no longer whole (because i wasn't supposed to be)
he had taken something from me (as if he really had that power)
shame on me, for i had lost that Magical shit that
made me.. defined me once my mother was told i was me.
me being female and weak, an inanimate earthly entity of sorts
Would that i knew then what i know now
blind i was to the true reality
that, the shit was not me
I am me
I would have gladly skipped the woeful self pitying of deluded innocence lost

6 comments:

Standing Truth Betold said...

wow! Great write-up. yeah, we associate wayyy too much glory and "status" to a hymen which isnt anymore significant than a skin tag- it really is sad. But then again, losing something that you were born with- regardless what it is, can be hard to deal with. i guess we go through a process of mourning. But we just have to remember not to mourn long enough to let a part of us die with it. A hymen isnt like a soul- its definitely perishable...
and i'd like to mention- parents arent perfect.i use to think they were when i was little but i was so wrong!kids dont come with "How-To" manuals, so it isnt suprising that parents never get it perfectly right. I choose to believe that eevryone has the responsibility to modify their beliefs, their feelings, and conditionisng as they age so that we may rid of those untrue, fables our parents plant into our lil heads as kids and become "better" people.
welcome to blogville.

LG said...

Wow! Different perspective.
Thanks for this one.

Mak said...

I definately have followers.

If I preached, they would think I just wanted something "heavenly" they had, a false virginity that seems to define womanhood.

If only they let me speak, I seek virgin minds.

diary of a G said...

I know that you are talking about
I can dig it

shhhh said...

welcome gyal

Amelia said...

Bravo!!!beautiful choice of words.I definetely identify with this