Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mr. Burly

My Dear Reflexxxions

How do you do? Oh my dear, i do hope that your stars are in alignment. Its been days since i have had the occasion to write to you. I am quite contrite and hope very much that all is well with you. Oh where to start! My current state of affairs leaves me with so much to narrate. Had it not been for my rather skewed relationship with God, i would have found more solace in meditation. But as such is the condition which i find myself, i must make do with writing this composition. First on my mind, is my recent dismissal of a certain burly man who had hitherto occupied the much "sought after" position of suitor or as i much prefer "wooer". my timely dismissal of Mr Burly was to have rid me of the rather undue stress that is caused when someone enters into an unjustifiable state of infatuation. Indeed i could hardly contain my annoyance when he went on a tirade about how i had without scruples destroyed his heart and existence. To hear him put it, he can never go on , as i was his "life". I wonder that Mr Burly should have allowed me such dominion over his person in just a matter of weeks. Indeed i find it rather ridiculous that a man of his age and status should expose himself so freely to another without caution. Nevertheless, to him i was perfect, and possessing of all the qualities that any reasonable man would desire. I blush to imagine myself to be of any perfection, especially being so cognitive of my numerous failings. But of course in the beginning i was much enamoured with Mr Burly as he seemed obsessively bent on securing my present and future happiness. He was quite unselfish in his efforts. I was congratulated by all the world at how prosperous i was in securing such a gentleman. Oh to remember how foolishly gleeful i had been. However with the passage of weeks, i was to be rather rattled at the severity of his likeness. Indeed it was no ordinary "like". He pronounced his undying love and affection for me. And i ridiculously succumbed to pressure and announced my own love, though i could not comprehend the significance of my words. That did not deter Mr Burly from premature elation at my pronouncement, i don't believe he cared very much for my meaning. It seemed that to have heard the words uttered to him was enough. My irritation with him was to be further increased when he insisted that he must know of my every whereabouts and that he must communicate with me at every hour except at my sleeping hours. Our relationship was perhaps more burdened by the distance as he lived 9 hrs away. While i consider myself to be of a compromising nature, i must say that i loathe any attempt by any to reign superior over me. It is important to note that Mr Burly who had been so possessing of numerous good traits and fundamental good spirits, became so bothersome to my very tranquility that i inwardly decided upon his immediate removal from his position of "suitor". To put my plans in motion was of great emotional exertion. I managed to do so, but not before i was subjected to a series of castigation's and cries. I was accused of unpardonable evil. Indeed he hoped that in future i was to experience the same pain i had so unrepentantly put him through. Had i any remaining misgivings in my heart about ending our relations, Mr Burly was to erase them completely with his condemnation of my character and his bad wishes . Indeed he made it so much easier for myself. Presently Mr Burly is no longer a part of my life. I still think him to be fundamentally of good repute and character. But his personality was so unbecoming to me. It is not enough for someone to be good , they must also be good for you. And you must fit each other. Regrettably such was not the case for Mr Burly and myself. Happy i am to report that Mr Burly, despite his conviction at the time of our demise that death was around the corner for him, is very much alive. Indeed i wonder why people make such ridiculous declarations. Do they hope to cause you enough guilt so that you may reconsider. I am as always so filled with questions. And to be sure they are such few real answers. Mon Dieu!!! My dear reflexxxions, it is quarter past the hour. I had not intended to write for this long. I am pleased to have forewarned you of the long narration. Indeed i must return to my work. I shall write again in due time. Do take care sweets.

Your's Truly
Oui C'est Moi

16 comments:

onydchic said...

Woah. I have never seen such a large compilation of BIG words in my life.

Diary of a Mad Soul Sista said...

"It is not enough for someone to be good , they must also be good for you. And you must fit each other. Regrettably such was not the case for Mr Burly and myself. Happy i am to report that Mr Burly, despite his conviction at the time of our demise that death was around the corner for him, is very much alive. Indeed i wonder why people make such ridiculous declarations. Do they hope to cause you enough guilt so that you may reconsider."

my first time on your blog and i must say, i love that you were able to see past his shit. SOme niggz shit so thick, you need double vision to see past them- it sounds to me like you saw past this one and for that, you should be proud.
and dont you just hate it when cowards cry wolf, claiming they bout to die cuz you wont love them? i do! and i wonder why he still livin and breathin now if he was gon kill himself. anyway, if this story is true, then i do commend you for your boldness. the hardest motherfuckers to get rid of, are the actors. the one you talkin about here sounds like he could'a given Taye Diggs a run for his money...

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of something that i am currently going through, however i think with time i found that the feelings 'that' individual has for me is slowly being returned, however I believe no one should ever be guilted into loving something, because that is not true love.

bighead said...

...or as i much prefer "wooer"...

Whats the difference between "suitor" and "wooer"?

...when he went on a tirade...

Was it really a tirade? Sounds more like pleading to me.

...especially being so cognitive of my numerous failings...

Its called attraction. At that point he chose to be oblivious of your "numerous failings"

...And i ridiculously succumbed to pressure and announced my own love, though i could not comprehend the significance of my words. That did not deter Mr Burly from premature elation at my pronouncement, i don't believe he cared very much for my meaning...

Would you have rathered that he didn't trust you enough to believe you? People in "love" imagine that it's mutual even without declaration talkless of when it is declared.

...when he insisted that he must know of my every whereabouts...

That was when he played his bad card

...It is not enough for someone to be good , they must also be good for you...

Sad fact of life. Love shown is not always reciprocated. No one's to blame. I only hope that when you find someone good for you, that you'll also be good for him.

...Do they hope to cause you enough guilt so that you may reconsider...

Don't blame us. Its called desperation. And that, is human not necessarily male.

...I am pleased to have forewarned you of the long narration...

Did you really?

@diary of a mad soul sista: pleeeezee give men a break. Granted , plenty are dishonest but we aren't all

diary of a G said...

I was here

AMAZONIA said...

ahhhhhhhh onydchic..

indeed?

@Diary of a mad soul sista
the most dififcult thing in life, is to do the right thing

@lydia, i am glad to hear that in your case the feelings are at least being reciprocated

@BIg head
I really did enjoy reading your thoughts, i suppose for me the difference lies in the pronouncement.. I much prefer calling someone my wooer..

indeed it was a tirade of ridiculous proportions.. TO be sure it started of as pleading and then became a tirade of sorts.

His last card was also his worst failings..

But i suppose what i lacked for my Burly was passion.. Had i any passion for him. I might have perceived all hid quite differntly..

YOu were forewarned my dear, when i wrote in the begining of having so much to narrate.. That was my warning, i am only sorry it wasnt so clear...

I do thank you for your in valuabe input..

@Diary of A G.

I am glad

Standing Truth Betold said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Standing Truth Betold said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Standing Truth Betold said...

LOL Nice post

Diary of a Mad Soul Sista said...

Bighead, pls deflate your shit. Hopefully that'll give you enough space to see past your nose. I DID NOT say all men are dishonest. I urge you to re-read my comment and hopefully(?), you'll understand it better.
And pardon my lack of intelligence but i cant seem to understand what you meant but i certainly hope that you arent suggesting that i've been too harsh on "men"... Please dont get me wrong! The comment i made was regarding the one man (be he fictitious or real) that "Oui" posted about. And i dont know the whole story, but i do know the story thats been posted... and to that story, my initial response remains my current opinion.
So Bighead, pleeeeze give ME a break. Granted plenty of women are pretty harsh on men, but we arent all.

Waffarian said...

hehehehehe! I thought I was stuck in a 19th century novel somewhere in England! Well done! "A most enjoyable read, I must say!"

As for that "man", I applaud you! infact an OVATION to the woman who can see beyond the false "I love you" s women are subjected to.Hisssssssssssssssss

Admin UD said...

hehehe,a lot of girls can relate to this

diary of a G said...

sometimes I FEEL LIKE AM MR BURLY
I SEEM TO ALWAYS KISS THE GIRLS N MAKE EM CRY?
I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY?
BUT THIS SOUNDS KINDA TRUE

Prettylyf said...

I best like the part where you say -It's not enough for someone to be good, they must be good for you-this is so true!

Anonymous said...

"It is not enough for someone to be good, they must also be good for you."

The conclusion of the whole matter.

Amelia said...

wonderful, wonderful *she claps*.i loved this, oh, the horror of a man who claims he cant live when you reject him, only to find them down the line in the same situation again.what folly!
i have been there.you are right, i had to let go of a good good man because he just wasnt right for me, but not before feeling like the worst creature in the world for hurting this good soul.in my case he took it in such good grace, that my guilt was worsened, but he just wasnt for me!
i love your blog.